Sunday, September 7, 2008

a melancholic ditty

i’ve got this sadness
that’s quite incomparable
not at all understandable
it moves through my head
driving recklessly through the streets
of veins that keep me
an unending melancholy
suffocating and
stunning the heart
a heart which now beats in a dry and vapid way
my knees shake
strength is worn out
my poor mood, dampened and gray
drenched in uncontrollable tears
i don’t think i can sustain much

i envy the man who stands
on two brilliant feet
the man with perfect speech
capable of expressing his intent
i am trapped
in dirty skin
a sour taste controls my voice
i did not ask for it
and i do not know why i am like this

1 comment:

Amanda said...

wow...E...i use to write like this. when i was a teanager most til i was about 21. most of my writing was about how melancholy i was..such a void and sadness--then i met what i lacked. that was an incredible expression of writing. it took me back.