Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Want Real Love, Too

"Well, maybe it's time to be clear about who I am.
I am someone who is looking for love—real love.
Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming,
can't-live-without-each-other love."

Carrie Bradshaw

I just spent the last couple months watching the complete series of Sex and the City. It wasn't the first time I had seen any of the episodes, but it certainly felt like it. There was still that antsy anticipation that lingered throughout my body; a gleam of giddy, girly excitement skidding though like how you feel before a first date. Some episodes I had forgotten about and it felt so good to revisit my favorite ones. Each day after work, I'd commit to an episode or five. I'd watch with my dinner plate on top of my lap, after a shower, or right before bed. Last night, I finally reached the last episode and let me tell you, I was emotional all over again. I did not want it to end, and so, being so committed and so connected to the material, I couldn't help but feel a sense of loss. How real these characters are! How moving the words they speak! How comical and fulfilling it felt to escape the stresses of life for a little half hour. Life decisions are a lot easier with some comedy on the side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog just proves that you are a hopeless romantic.
You've experienced the amazing flood of emotions before. You're just questioning it all too much.
Keep yourself open the possiblity.
You know you're worth and more.