Thursday, August 3, 2017

Maybe

Maybe you're home tonight thinking of me too
Maybe you can't sleep 
and you keep getting up to raid the fridge but nothing seems to fulfll you 
because I'm missing
You should be telling me another story
I used to sit and listen to you tell me all the things that occupied your mind
your family, your career, your dreams
your plans for the future
for us

Or maybe you're home snoring like you always do
someone's probably holding you
I'm replaced
that's not okay
but we have to let destiny take its course
you belong to someone else
and maybe that's for forever
or maybe it's not
I'll just sit and wait

I can't get you out of my head anymore
I used to be so good at it
you were always an afterthought 
that kind of love that mattered a few times a year when I had nothing better to do
but not anymore
because you're the one
you just don't believe it anymore
and I'm way too late to realize it

What on earth am I supposed to do about it? 

No comments: